ACEVic is the only peak body whose sole focus is on the issues facing Learn Local providers in Victoria.
ACEVic has a Board made up of experienced CEOs and managers from Learn Local providers across the State, both RTO and non-RTO.
ACEVic is drawing on the many years of experience of key partners and strong networks within the education sector and government, to establish a robust and resilient foundation and ensure future sustainability.
ACEVic has a long history of effectively working with community education providers and community education provision through a range of services and lobbying actions.
ACEVic’s purpose is to:
- Advocate for greater investment in community education by all levels of government and upholding its values and principles.
- Build capability and sustainability of community education providers, including strengthening governance.
- Build recognition and professionalism of the community education sector and workforce.
Board Members 2017
- Felicity Williams – The Centre, Wangaratta
- Karen Fleischer – Paynesville Neighbourhood House, Paynesville
- Alison Forbes – Cire, Upper Yarra and Mt Evelyn
- Janet Claringbold – Mountain District Learning Centre, Ferntree Gully
- Michael Pernar – Laverton Community Education Centre
- Chris McCall -Yarraville Community Centre
- Sue Geals – Community College Gippsland